The country of Tanzania is often at the top of the pile when people plan a bucket list trip to Africa, and with good reason! It is the land of safaris!
The main branch of east Africa’s dramatic Great Rift Valley bisects Tanzania. The country is the site of Africa’s highest and lowest points: Mount Kilimanjaro, at 5,895 metres (19,341 ft) above sea level, and the floor of Lake Tanganyika, at 1,471 metres (4,826 ft) below sea level, respectively. Three of Africa’s Great Lakes are partly within Tanzania; to the north and west lie Lake Victoria, Africa’s largest lake, and Lake Tanganyika, the continent’s deepest lake, known for its unique species of fish. Central Tanzania is a large plateau, and the eastern shore is hot and humid, with the Zanzibar archipelago just offshore from the 1,424 km (885 mi) long Indian Ocean coastline.
Some of the highlights of this mountainous east African country include:
• Three of Africa’s Seven Natural Wonders; Mount Kilimanjaro, the spectacular Ngorongoro crater, and the famous annual Serengeti mammal migration
• Seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Ngorongoro Conservation area, Serengeti National Park, Selous Game Reserve and of course Kilimanjaro
• 38 % of the country’s land area is set aside in 40 parks, reserves and protected areas
• The highest amount of mammals on the African continent, including the Big Five, Cheetah, African Wild Dog and Chimpanzee, and several endangered species
• Over 1,100 bird species, including 23 endemics and 35 globally threatened species; Tanzania has 77 Important Bird Areas (IBAs), as designated by BirdLife International
• About 130 amphibian and 275 reptilian species
• Incredible photographic and videographic opportunities
• The iconic, nomadic red-cloaked Maasai people with their traditional beliefs
• The idyllic beaches and coral reefs of Zanzibar, with its Swahili capital of Stone Town
A visit to Tanzania will guarantee stunning landscapes, spectacular wildlife, safari adventures to remember for a lifetime, barefoot beaches and idyllic islands, historical and cultural riches and amazing African-Arabic-Indian cuisine.
The country offers something for everyone, from self-drive or camping holidays to ultra-luxurious world class lodges, and everything in between!
We currently offer two small-group, expert guided safaris to wonderful Tanzania.
Browse to our Tanzania Safari or have a look at our Kenya Safari. To enquire about any of these or any other trips to Africa , get in touch with us at email@example.com and we will make your east African safari dreams come true.