Experience the stunning beauty, the unimaginable vastness, the isolation, the incredible contrasts, the rich culture, and the prolific wildlife of the best kept secret in Africa – Botswana.
With almost half of the country’s surface dedicated to national parks and game reserves, it is clear why Botswana is one of Africa’s top safari destinations. It is a country that includes iconic safari destinations like:
• Chobe National Park, with its huge numbers of African Elephants (80,000 at last count)
• Savuti, with its big carnivore populations, especially Lion and Spotted Hyaena
• the rugged and unspoilt Mashatu Game Reserve, offering horse-back safaris, cycling safaris and walks in the wild
• the famous one-of-a-kind Okavango Delta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• the diverse and bird-rich Moremi Game Reserve, also a hotspot for African Wild Dog
But Botswana also has the alien landscape of the Makgadikgadi saltpans and the semi-desert red dunes and grasslands of the Kalahari. All in one country!
Whether your thing is old school open vehicle safaris, mokoro(dug-out canoe) rides, birdwatching, wildlife photography, camping (or even glamping), quad biking, fishing, or 4×4 off-road adventures you are sure to enjoy yourself in Botswana. It truly has something for everyone.
Botswana’s fauna include 164 mammal, 589 bird and 150 reptile species. The country also boasts 2500 species of plants and 650 species of trees. Truly remarkable diversity!
Just 2 hours away by air from Cape Town or Johannesburg, Botswana is an easy African safari choice for both the discerning traveller and the hard-core adventurer. Furthermore, it is the safest country in Africa to visit according to the worldwide Travel Risk Index.
Have a look at our different Botswana safari options by going to www.naturetravelafrica.com, or enquire directly at email@example.com and we can create the perfect personalised Botswana safari for you.